Saturday, 27 August 2011

Poptastic Afternoon

Wednesday saw me spending the afternoon in a kitchen in Hackney with Molly Bakes making pop cakes.
This was my birthday present along with the book from my brother & co..
Due to the recent unrest in London the evening workshop had been postponed to two afternoons. Unbeknown to me this meant that when I arrived I found out that my afternoon was going to be a 1:1 with M.
M launched Molly Bakes a couple of years ago and now provides Selfridges with its cake pops for their bakery.
the concept is simple... cake on a stick covered with chocolate coating!!.... if only... biggest lesson on cake pops is planning as there are a lot of stages to take a ball of cake to the finished product!... with some not always making it to the finish line....

What I loved about M was that she wasnt precious, she answers all questions, shares secrets and tips, and signed my book...I had a fabulous afternoon, not all was perfect, but that just added to the learning!... I now know what to do when the coating refuses to set... hold arm in fridge with said pop cake!... made over 24 pops, tea pots, tea cups, ice creams & donuts, which were a huge hit at work in the office next day!...

Thanks M for a great afternoon, good luck with the wedding and hope to see you at Netil Market soon....
check out M's website here... the book is delicious too..

No comments:

Saturday, 27 August 2011

Poptastic Afternoon

Wednesday saw me spending the afternoon in a kitchen in Hackney with Molly Bakes making pop cakes.
This was my birthday present along with the book from my brother & co..
Due to the recent unrest in London the evening workshop had been postponed to two afternoons. Unbeknown to me this meant that when I arrived I found out that my afternoon was going to be a 1:1 with M.
M launched Molly Bakes a couple of years ago and now provides Selfridges with its cake pops for their bakery.
the concept is simple... cake on a stick covered with chocolate coating!!.... if only... biggest lesson on cake pops is planning as there are a lot of stages to take a ball of cake to the finished product!... with some not always making it to the finish line....

What I loved about M was that she wasnt precious, she answers all questions, shares secrets and tips, and signed my book...I had a fabulous afternoon, not all was perfect, but that just added to the learning!... I now know what to do when the coating refuses to set... hold arm in fridge with said pop cake!... made over 24 pops, tea pots, tea cups, ice creams & donuts, which were a huge hit at work in the office next day!...

Thanks M for a great afternoon, good luck with the wedding and hope to see you at Netil Market soon....
check out M's website here... the book is delicious too..

No comments: