Sunday, 24 March 2013

Balthazar...

Is the name of all foodies lips this March, it's been the most sought after dinner reservation in London with food critics falling over themselves to talk about it. Balthazar is the brainchild of Keith McNally who's original Bistro opened in New York in 1997 and even 15 years later it is still one of the most sought after reservations in the city. London is quickly following in the wake of the success of its sister site in NY.
A couple of Mondays ago I secured an early evening dining spot to see if the London site was as good as the New York eatery.
Stepping in through the large wooden doors, I felt like I was in New York. The glamorous fixtures and fittings mirror the NY site. What Balthazar does really well is create a secluded atmosphere in areas amongst the large dining space.
Seated in a corner of the restaurant allowed me to people watch and even with an early dining slot the restaurant was soon full. With a complimentary glass of champagne and keeping the french theme I opted for the mussels and fries.
With a basket of freshly baked bread from the Balthazar bakery it was the perfect accompaniment to mop up the delicious juices from the mussels. The service was superb and the food delicious.
After a short hiatus my dinner was finished off with coffee and a gorgeous cheesecake with cinnamon swirl and warm apple doughnut.... Oh my I could have eaten a bowl of the mini doughnuts on their own... Melt in the mouth mini balls of perfection.
I thoroughly enjoyed my evening at Balthazar and look forward to its forthcoming openings for brunch and afternoon tea... Will be booking again soon!
If you can't get into the restaurant then head next door to its Bakery which is open between 7am & 8pm for the most amazing bread, pastries, and lunch treats. I picked up a box of raspberry macarons for work which were a huge hit, melt in the mouth moments of decadent deliciousness.
Both Balthazars were a huge hit for me and will be back again for future visits...

No comments:

Sunday, 24 March 2013

Balthazar...

Is the name of all foodies lips this March, it's been the most sought after dinner reservation in London with food critics falling over themselves to talk about it. Balthazar is the brainchild of Keith McNally who's original Bistro opened in New York in 1997 and even 15 years later it is still one of the most sought after reservations in the city. London is quickly following in the wake of the success of its sister site in NY.
A couple of Mondays ago I secured an early evening dining spot to see if the London site was as good as the New York eatery.
Stepping in through the large wooden doors, I felt like I was in New York. The glamorous fixtures and fittings mirror the NY site. What Balthazar does really well is create a secluded atmosphere in areas amongst the large dining space.
Seated in a corner of the restaurant allowed me to people watch and even with an early dining slot the restaurant was soon full. With a complimentary glass of champagne and keeping the french theme I opted for the mussels and fries.
With a basket of freshly baked bread from the Balthazar bakery it was the perfect accompaniment to mop up the delicious juices from the mussels. The service was superb and the food delicious.
After a short hiatus my dinner was finished off with coffee and a gorgeous cheesecake with cinnamon swirl and warm apple doughnut.... Oh my I could have eaten a bowl of the mini doughnuts on their own... Melt in the mouth mini balls of perfection.
I thoroughly enjoyed my evening at Balthazar and look forward to its forthcoming openings for brunch and afternoon tea... Will be booking again soon!
If you can't get into the restaurant then head next door to its Bakery which is open between 7am & 8pm for the most amazing bread, pastries, and lunch treats. I picked up a box of raspberry macarons for work which were a huge hit, melt in the mouth moments of decadent deliciousness.
Both Balthazars were a huge hit for me and will be back again for future visits...

No comments: