Friday, 9 August 2013

Burger wars in London!

Over the past few months the social networks and media have stoked up much noise of Burger wars coming to London. This started with the news at the back end of last year of the NewYork favourites Shake Shack and Five Guys crossing the pond to London and setting up home in Covent Garden. It definitely seems that London 2013 is the home of the burger. I have a few favourites Patty & Bun, Byron, Bugr & co, and of course Shake Shack.
I love a good burger and think its an easy after work treat to meet up within friends and catch-up... This I have done a couple of times in July.
This was my 2nd trip here (my restraint is needed as it is 3 minutes from the office!) I met up with a friend and indulged in the 'Ari Gold' which is a delicious medium rare burger complete with signature burger sauce, cheese, onions .. A feast for the taste buds. Not for the neat eater as it is gloriously sloppy, can only be eaten with a bib!
My other burger treat for the month was of course a trip to Shake Shack... I waited a few days after opening, but with London bathed in summer sunshine the Q was in a league of Madison Square park's Q in New York. However if you go don't let the Q put you off, it is incredibly well organised and moves very quickly, these guys are the kings of Burger Q's.
I went the full monty at the Shack, ordering the Shack burger, cheesy fries, old school lemonade and the Union Shack concrete. It was as good as in NY and bought back lots of great memories...
Here's  a couple.
The Union Shack concrete is amazing.. Chocolate custard ice cream, salted chocolate bits from Paul Young and Brownie bites from St Johns Bakery... Deliciously yummy.
Here are a few  of my favourite Burger joints in London, worth a visit.
  • Shake Shack  a perfect bite of New York in London
  • Patty & Bun  a cool, hip burger joint.. Delicious .. Worth the waiting time
  • Byron  not just in London .. The British burger bar that gives the Americans a run for their money.. Cool spaces, complimentary to the local environment.. Great burgers & Brooklyn beer .. Perfect combination.
  • Brgr & co  - fun & funky burger afternoon tea.. 

1 comment:

Victoria Eales said...

If I was as close to P&B as you are I don't think I could have the willpower to stay away - it's my ultimate favourite burger.

I tried Five Guys a few weeks ago and yet to venture into Shake Shack - it's next on the list!

Victoria
FlorenceandMary.com

Friday, 9 August 2013

Burger wars in London!

Over the past few months the social networks and media have stoked up much noise of Burger wars coming to London. This started with the news at the back end of last year of the NewYork favourites Shake Shack and Five Guys crossing the pond to London and setting up home in Covent Garden. It definitely seems that London 2013 is the home of the burger. I have a few favourites Patty & Bun, Byron, Bugr & co, and of course Shake Shack.
I love a good burger and think its an easy after work treat to meet up within friends and catch-up... This I have done a couple of times in July.
This was my 2nd trip here (my restraint is needed as it is 3 minutes from the office!) I met up with a friend and indulged in the 'Ari Gold' which is a delicious medium rare burger complete with signature burger sauce, cheese, onions .. A feast for the taste buds. Not for the neat eater as it is gloriously sloppy, can only be eaten with a bib!
My other burger treat for the month was of course a trip to Shake Shack... I waited a few days after opening, but with London bathed in summer sunshine the Q was in a league of Madison Square park's Q in New York. However if you go don't let the Q put you off, it is incredibly well organised and moves very quickly, these guys are the kings of Burger Q's.
I went the full monty at the Shack, ordering the Shack burger, cheesy fries, old school lemonade and the Union Shack concrete. It was as good as in NY and bought back lots of great memories...
Here's  a couple.
The Union Shack concrete is amazing.. Chocolate custard ice cream, salted chocolate bits from Paul Young and Brownie bites from St Johns Bakery... Deliciously yummy.
Here are a few  of my favourite Burger joints in London, worth a visit.
  • Shake Shack  a perfect bite of New York in London
  • Patty & Bun  a cool, hip burger joint.. Delicious .. Worth the waiting time
  • Byron  not just in London .. The British burger bar that gives the Americans a run for their money.. Cool spaces, complimentary to the local environment.. Great burgers & Brooklyn beer .. Perfect combination.
  • Brgr & co  - fun & funky burger afternoon tea.. 

1 comment:

Victoria Eales said...

If I was as close to P&B as you are I don't think I could have the willpower to stay away - it's my ultimate favourite burger.

I tried Five Guys a few weeks ago and yet to venture into Shake Shack - it's next on the list!

Victoria
FlorenceandMary.com