Saturday, 4 January 2014

A bite of the big apple in London.

This year with no trip to New York planned I decided to see how much of NY i could bring to London on a day out in the city. A couple of years ago I did something similar, here  are my adventures from that day. My perfect day in NY would include Pancakes, Ice skating, Eggnog, a huge Christmas tree, and  a walk in the Park, finished off with a sweet treat.
My day started early with breakfast at the very american Automat, tucked down a side road in Green park, it reminds m very much of The Smith restaurant that I fell in love with the last time I was in New York. I ordered buttermilk pancakes with fruit compote and a side order of crispy bacon.... mmm delicious, along with large coffee it was perfect start to the morning.
A short walk through the streets of Green park bought me to the iconic Old Bond Street, complete with Tiffany's ... no-one can visit NY without a visit to this iconic store on 5th avenue and has been a key feature for many visits. As well as gazing at the beautiful townhouse scenes for this years windows, a fabulous horse drawn carriage was parked outside the iconic address waiting to transport little blue boxes across the city. I saw this on 2 further occasions during my day. gorgeous, romantic and very christmas in New York.
From Bond street I walked along the backstreets until I reached Piccadilly, a quick stop in wholefoods to stock up on some American sweet treats, it looked just like a grocery store on a side walk, complete with trees stacked up on the pavement. Really liked the Merry Citrusmas sign...
The lovely eros had been converted into its own snowglobe and Trafalgar Square 's iconic tree had a lovely blue tint to it this year.
From here I walked along the embankment to the historic Somerset House, where I whiled away an hour tentatively skating around the rink and enjoying lashings of hot chocolate and mince pies in the Skate parlour. This years rink was sponsored by the New York apparel brand Coach. With a huge decorated tree and lots of places to sit and watch the world skate by, this is London's equivalent to the  Rockefeller   centre.  I loved it... a London favourite in the holiday season.
Late afternoon after a walk through Covent Garden and a stop at the Hummingbird Bakery where I picked up an Egg nog cupcake I finished my day off in Brgr & co in Soho where I had Christmas afternoon tea burger style!
Cupcake was taken home and eaten as a late supper with a large Baileys coffee in my New York memories mug....
perfect.... what NY treats would you do in London?

No comments:

Saturday, 4 January 2014

A bite of the big apple in London.

This year with no trip to New York planned I decided to see how much of NY i could bring to London on a day out in the city. A couple of years ago I did something similar, here  are my adventures from that day. My perfect day in NY would include Pancakes, Ice skating, Eggnog, a huge Christmas tree, and  a walk in the Park, finished off with a sweet treat.
My day started early with breakfast at the very american Automat, tucked down a side road in Green park, it reminds m very much of The Smith restaurant that I fell in love with the last time I was in New York. I ordered buttermilk pancakes with fruit compote and a side order of crispy bacon.... mmm delicious, along with large coffee it was perfect start to the morning.
A short walk through the streets of Green park bought me to the iconic Old Bond Street, complete with Tiffany's ... no-one can visit NY without a visit to this iconic store on 5th avenue and has been a key feature for many visits. As well as gazing at the beautiful townhouse scenes for this years windows, a fabulous horse drawn carriage was parked outside the iconic address waiting to transport little blue boxes across the city. I saw this on 2 further occasions during my day. gorgeous, romantic and very christmas in New York.
From Bond street I walked along the backstreets until I reached Piccadilly, a quick stop in wholefoods to stock up on some American sweet treats, it looked just like a grocery store on a side walk, complete with trees stacked up on the pavement. Really liked the Merry Citrusmas sign...
The lovely eros had been converted into its own snowglobe and Trafalgar Square 's iconic tree had a lovely blue tint to it this year.
From here I walked along the embankment to the historic Somerset House, where I whiled away an hour tentatively skating around the rink and enjoying lashings of hot chocolate and mince pies in the Skate parlour. This years rink was sponsored by the New York apparel brand Coach. With a huge decorated tree and lots of places to sit and watch the world skate by, this is London's equivalent to the  Rockefeller   centre.  I loved it... a London favourite in the holiday season.
Late afternoon after a walk through Covent Garden and a stop at the Hummingbird Bakery where I picked up an Egg nog cupcake I finished my day off in Brgr & co in Soho where I had Christmas afternoon tea burger style!
Cupcake was taken home and eaten as a late supper with a large Baileys coffee in my New York memories mug....
perfect.... what NY treats would you do in London?

No comments: