Sunday, 23 March 2014

London heights .... Duck & Waffle

This Saturday saw me jumping onto a 6am train and heading into London for some early morning breakfast. My chosen venue for such a early morning outing was Duck & Waffle, 40 story's above the city of London at the top of Heron Tower.
Booking a 6.30am breakfast slot on a Saturday morning, I expected to be dining alone, I was so wrong.... D&W is open 24hours, and a venue of choice for clubbers and early risers!. I had heard mixed reviews of Duck & Waffle, but decided to make my own opinions. The venue is 40 story's above London in the Bishopsgate area of the city, a stones throw from Liverpool Street station. The venue is a mix of urban warehouse, street & glamour, with grafitti'd walls, and chandeliers all complemented by amazing views. Accessed by a glass elevator with ascends London in less than a minute, its not for the faint hearted!
Seated in a corner overlooking East London, I watched the sun rise over the East, clearing the haze in the distant. The team were very polite, helpful and made you feel very comfortable. I opted for the full english, with coffee & grapefruit juice. A number of people around had the signature duck & waffle, .. maybe next time I will try.
A sign of a good breakfast for me is perfect eggs... having chosen poached this would be the test!... I had nothing to worry about, they were delicious, poached perfectly with golden runny yolks... delicious. 
With only a handful of tables covered, I was allowed to roam and take photographs from several views which just enhanced the experience. 
I thoroughly enjoyed my early morning breakfast at Duck & Waffle and have added it to my restaurants to return to list....  service, food and views were amazing for a Saturday morning.

1 comment:

mrsmsmeanderings said...

Wow, hats off to you for that early start! Breakfast looks yummy!

Sunday, 23 March 2014

London heights .... Duck & Waffle

This Saturday saw me jumping onto a 6am train and heading into London for some early morning breakfast. My chosen venue for such a early morning outing was Duck & Waffle, 40 story's above the city of London at the top of Heron Tower.
Booking a 6.30am breakfast slot on a Saturday morning, I expected to be dining alone, I was so wrong.... D&W is open 24hours, and a venue of choice for clubbers and early risers!. I had heard mixed reviews of Duck & Waffle, but decided to make my own opinions. The venue is 40 story's above London in the Bishopsgate area of the city, a stones throw from Liverpool Street station. The venue is a mix of urban warehouse, street & glamour, with grafitti'd walls, and chandeliers all complemented by amazing views. Accessed by a glass elevator with ascends London in less than a minute, its not for the faint hearted!
Seated in a corner overlooking East London, I watched the sun rise over the East, clearing the haze in the distant. The team were very polite, helpful and made you feel very comfortable. I opted for the full english, with coffee & grapefruit juice. A number of people around had the signature duck & waffle, .. maybe next time I will try.
A sign of a good breakfast for me is perfect eggs... having chosen poached this would be the test!... I had nothing to worry about, they were delicious, poached perfectly with golden runny yolks... delicious. 
With only a handful of tables covered, I was allowed to roam and take photographs from several views which just enhanced the experience. 
I thoroughly enjoyed my early morning breakfast at Duck & Waffle and have added it to my restaurants to return to list....  service, food and views were amazing for a Saturday morning.

1 comment:

mrsmsmeanderings said...

Wow, hats off to you for that early start! Breakfast looks yummy!