Monday, 18 August 2014

Summer in the City ~ The Pudding Bar

Pop-up bars, eateries and restaurants are de-rigour across many cities and London leads the way with them this summer ... they have been my lunch & desert of choice through the summer months and have tried to visit a couple. One that was an absolute must was The Pudding Bar. A pop-up with a menu full of desserts & fine wine.
I visited the Pudding Bar on a sunny lunchtime to celebrate my birthday. The pudding bar is situated in Greek Street in the heart of Soho opposite Soho House. The restaurant is over 3 levels and is an eclectic mix of old school tables & chairs, vinyl and vintage tea plates and cutlery.
Even the bathrooms are decorated with a vintage mix of both coloured and black & white recipe papers... like something out of an old Good Housekeeping recipe book... delicious!
For lunch I opted for something light, so Strawberry Eton Mess was my chosen choice. French meringue with strawberry mouse, clotted cream ice-cream, strawberries and black pepper sugar shards. All washed down with a glass of Prosecco.
This was probably the best Eton Mess that I've eaten and was gorgeous. If I wasn't sitting in a public place I could have easily licked the plate clean!... delicious.
The venue is delightful and I was lucky enough to meet the chef who gave me a sneak taste of a chocolate ice-cream that she was trialling all with a kick of tabasco and a sprinkle of pistachio. This is a fab pop-up and I will be going back before the summer finishes...very tempted with the Tasting menu.
If you are the person that looks at the desserts first and then plan your meal around it when visiting a restaurant then this is a must for you!... enjoy x

2 comments:

brokeinthebigsmoke.com said...

This place looks ruddy amazing! Must, must, must try it out <3 x

mrsaylasadventures.com said...

I'm going here tonight and this looks so incredible yummy! I cannot wait! :)

Monday, 18 August 2014

Summer in the City ~ The Pudding Bar

Pop-up bars, eateries and restaurants are de-rigour across many cities and London leads the way with them this summer ... they have been my lunch & desert of choice through the summer months and have tried to visit a couple. One that was an absolute must was The Pudding Bar. A pop-up with a menu full of desserts & fine wine.
I visited the Pudding Bar on a sunny lunchtime to celebrate my birthday. The pudding bar is situated in Greek Street in the heart of Soho opposite Soho House. The restaurant is over 3 levels and is an eclectic mix of old school tables & chairs, vinyl and vintage tea plates and cutlery.
Even the bathrooms are decorated with a vintage mix of both coloured and black & white recipe papers... like something out of an old Good Housekeeping recipe book... delicious!
For lunch I opted for something light, so Strawberry Eton Mess was my chosen choice. French meringue with strawberry mouse, clotted cream ice-cream, strawberries and black pepper sugar shards. All washed down with a glass of Prosecco.
This was probably the best Eton Mess that I've eaten and was gorgeous. If I wasn't sitting in a public place I could have easily licked the plate clean!... delicious.
The venue is delightful and I was lucky enough to meet the chef who gave me a sneak taste of a chocolate ice-cream that she was trialling all with a kick of tabasco and a sprinkle of pistachio. This is a fab pop-up and I will be going back before the summer finishes...very tempted with the Tasting menu.
If you are the person that looks at the desserts first and then plan your meal around it when visiting a restaurant then this is a must for you!... enjoy x

2 comments:

brokeinthebigsmoke.com said...

This place looks ruddy amazing! Must, must, must try it out <3 x

mrsaylasadventures.com said...

I'm going here tonight and this looks so incredible yummy! I cannot wait! :)