Monday, 26 January 2015

Up on the Roof...

Last week I spent a gorgeous morning eating breakfast and watching the sunrise over the London skyline at the new 'view' in town. - The Sky Garden at 20 Fenchurch Street. (affectionately known as the 'walkie-talkie' building or controversially the 'walkie-scorchie' building after it started melting cars, all now fixed with its own sun shade).. The Sky Garden opened to the public earlier this month and booking can be made via their website.
The Sky Garden is only accessible via tickets, a number of free slots to level 35 daily, however these are currently fully booked for February & March. Sky Garden also offers 2 dining experiences along with the Sky Pod bar on level 35. The Sky pod bar is currently styled like a very urban apres ski winter retreat, with glorious fur throws, blankets, and lanterns... stunning against the London skyline.
Fenchurch Seafood Bar & Grill is on level 37... offering a very 'city' gent menu and dining experience.
Darwin Brasserie is located on level 36 a glorious mezzanine which offers stunning views onto the Thames and the sky garden below, offering a softer dining experience. I booked for breakfast, which allowed me access into the building early and the opportunity to explore the surroundings and soak up the atmosphere with very few others.
 Breakfast dining is one of my new favourites in London and is now a close second to Afternoon Tea treats. Sky Garden is now added to my London musts for this. Darwin is a 'rhubarb' venue and prides itself on using seasonal home grown ingredients. Here is a sample of the menu.
My breakfast was gorgeous, an English (opting out of the beans & black pudding), with coffee and grapefruit juice it was the perfect start to a Friday morning.
I had a table which offered fabulous views onto level 36 and out across the Thames and skyline. Darwin's team were delightful, and the service and food fabulous...
The Sky Garden's planting is a mix of Mediterranean and South African species, planted in waterfall banks alongside seating areas and sweeping staircases.
I can't put into words how glorious the light is in this building, It changes by the second, drawing your eye to something new.... stunning, a fabulous legacy left by the architect. 
Last year I blogged about 5 of my favourite ways to view London from above... well I think I've just added a 6th... Sky Garden is gorgeous and I am hoping to visit again this year, exploring the seasons and how the space changes throughout the day... 

1 comment:

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

I must visit here seen as it's so close to my office!

Victoria x
FlorenceandMary.com

Monday, 26 January 2015

Up on the Roof...

Last week I spent a gorgeous morning eating breakfast and watching the sunrise over the London skyline at the new 'view' in town. - The Sky Garden at 20 Fenchurch Street. (affectionately known as the 'walkie-talkie' building or controversially the 'walkie-scorchie' building after it started melting cars, all now fixed with its own sun shade).. The Sky Garden opened to the public earlier this month and booking can be made via their website.
The Sky Garden is only accessible via tickets, a number of free slots to level 35 daily, however these are currently fully booked for February & March. Sky Garden also offers 2 dining experiences along with the Sky Pod bar on level 35. The Sky pod bar is currently styled like a very urban apres ski winter retreat, with glorious fur throws, blankets, and lanterns... stunning against the London skyline.
Fenchurch Seafood Bar & Grill is on level 37... offering a very 'city' gent menu and dining experience.
Darwin Brasserie is located on level 36 a glorious mezzanine which offers stunning views onto the Thames and the sky garden below, offering a softer dining experience. I booked for breakfast, which allowed me access into the building early and the opportunity to explore the surroundings and soak up the atmosphere with very few others.
 Breakfast dining is one of my new favourites in London and is now a close second to Afternoon Tea treats. Sky Garden is now added to my London musts for this. Darwin is a 'rhubarb' venue and prides itself on using seasonal home grown ingredients. Here is a sample of the menu.
My breakfast was gorgeous, an English (opting out of the beans & black pudding), with coffee and grapefruit juice it was the perfect start to a Friday morning.
I had a table which offered fabulous views onto level 36 and out across the Thames and skyline. Darwin's team were delightful, and the service and food fabulous...
The Sky Garden's planting is a mix of Mediterranean and South African species, planted in waterfall banks alongside seating areas and sweeping staircases.
I can't put into words how glorious the light is in this building, It changes by the second, drawing your eye to something new.... stunning, a fabulous legacy left by the architect. 
Last year I blogged about 5 of my favourite ways to view London from above... well I think I've just added a 6th... Sky Garden is gorgeous and I am hoping to visit again this year, exploring the seasons and how the space changes throughout the day... 

1 comment:

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

I must visit here seen as it's so close to my office!

Victoria x
FlorenceandMary.com