Saturday, 15 August 2015

Birthday Treats ~ Breakfast at Claridges

This year for my birthday I decided to do something a little different and embarked on a day of treats in London.
My day started at the gorgeous hotel of Claridges for a birthday breakfast....having been for afternoon  tea and  christmas dinner, I knew that breakfast would be as lovely.
Fortunately my breakfast was a perfect summer's day and showcased the hotel in all its glorious splendour.
Sweeping through the legendary revolving doors into the gorgeous art deco lobby, a vision of glorious blue blooms from the hotel florists McQueen's showcased the areas beautifully.
I was led into the foyer and reading room where I was seated in a comfortable armchair for my breakfast. 
The breakfast menu is vast, and offers a huge array of choices from healthy through to indulgent... I opted for the english, consisting of  Burford brown eggs; fried, poached or scrambled, sweet cured bacon, Middlewhite sausage, grilled tomato, field mushroom,showcasing british produce at its finest.

My breakfast was absolutely delicious, accompanied with a gorgeous pot of coffee and freshly squeezed pink grapefruit juice. Much to my embarrassment & delight after eating my breakfast I was presented with a birthday pastry complete with candle and birthday message.
I couldn't fault food, service or ambience during my visit to Claridges and had an amazing start to my birthday. As I was leaving I was handed a little green Claridges bag filled with treats - jams and a mug for my birthday, a lovely surprise and a gorgeous souvenir of my time in this stunning hotel. Claridges really is one of the best hotels in London and a perfect place to kick-start a day, especially if its your birthday.Thank-you Claridges & team for a lovely time, food, service and surroundings were perfect.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Sounds wonderful - and I love the gift they gave you, such a pretty mug x

Saturday, 15 August 2015

Birthday Treats ~ Breakfast at Claridges

This year for my birthday I decided to do something a little different and embarked on a day of treats in London.
My day started at the gorgeous hotel of Claridges for a birthday breakfast....having been for afternoon  tea and  christmas dinner, I knew that breakfast would be as lovely.
Fortunately my breakfast was a perfect summer's day and showcased the hotel in all its glorious splendour.
Sweeping through the legendary revolving doors into the gorgeous art deco lobby, a vision of glorious blue blooms from the hotel florists McQueen's showcased the areas beautifully.
I was led into the foyer and reading room where I was seated in a comfortable armchair for my breakfast. 
The breakfast menu is vast, and offers a huge array of choices from healthy through to indulgent... I opted for the english, consisting of  Burford brown eggs; fried, poached or scrambled, sweet cured bacon, Middlewhite sausage, grilled tomato, field mushroom,showcasing british produce at its finest.

My breakfast was absolutely delicious, accompanied with a gorgeous pot of coffee and freshly squeezed pink grapefruit juice. Much to my embarrassment & delight after eating my breakfast I was presented with a birthday pastry complete with candle and birthday message.
I couldn't fault food, service or ambience during my visit to Claridges and had an amazing start to my birthday. As I was leaving I was handed a little green Claridges bag filled with treats - jams and a mug for my birthday, a lovely surprise and a gorgeous souvenir of my time in this stunning hotel. Claridges really is one of the best hotels in London and a perfect place to kick-start a day, especially if its your birthday.Thank-you Claridges & team for a lovely time, food, service and surroundings were perfect.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Sounds wonderful - and I love the gift they gave you, such a pretty mug x