Monday, 11 January 2016

Breakfast in the Sky Garden

Last year Breakfast became my new 'must' for 2015 and I took pleasure in both what I ate at my desk and treats in and around London. I finished the year with 2 fabulous breakfast treats; one at Claridges Christmas week and then the other at the Sky Garden New Year's week.
I started 2015 visiting the Sky Garden and finished with a return visit. It became one of my go-to places in 2015 and I enjoyed seeing the seasons and skyline of London change over the year. The light and space is just glorious 38 floors above the London streets.
I have no doubt that Sky Garden will remain on my musts for 2016.
This visit I booked a slot at the Sky Pod bar which allowed me to arrive just after 7 to an empty Sky Garden, which was lovely and allowed for some quiet contemplation watching London wake-up. With it still being dark as I arrived it also allowed me to capture The Shard's festive light show in all its, white, green & red splendour.  

Sky Garden bar offers a range of breakfast pastries, juices, coffee and porridge for the early morning treats and I opted for porridge with berries and coffee whilst watching the sunrise. Both were delicious and as dawn broke and the sun began to rise it really was the most perfect way to start a work morning.
With a visit between Christmas and New Year, the garden was still festively decorated and I loved the pink decorative accessories; especially the optional hot water bottles and the splash of colour bought the space to life adding a cosiness to the seating areas.

For anyone visiting London I couldn't recommend this space more, especially as there is no charge to enter, something which takes the sky Garden head and shoulders above its competitors, but also allowing you to eat & drink in spaces bathed by glorious views. For further detail on how to book a slot visit Sky Garden.

More of my breakfast adventures can be found here.

2 comments:

Gem said...

I'm still yet to make a visit to The Sky Gardens but shall be adding it to my list of places to visit this year. Such great photos captured before the rush descends, I bet it was quite an experience at that time of the morning. Thank you for sharing it with us x x x

Pennyblossoms said...

It looks stunning!
I am hoping that as all is going bonkers at this time of year, (if I remember rightly), with accounts going into overdrive, that you get to have several breakfast stops there during the next couple of weeks!
Zxx

Monday, 11 January 2016

Breakfast in the Sky Garden

Last year Breakfast became my new 'must' for 2015 and I took pleasure in both what I ate at my desk and treats in and around London. I finished the year with 2 fabulous breakfast treats; one at Claridges Christmas week and then the other at the Sky Garden New Year's week.
I started 2015 visiting the Sky Garden and finished with a return visit. It became one of my go-to places in 2015 and I enjoyed seeing the seasons and skyline of London change over the year. The light and space is just glorious 38 floors above the London streets.
I have no doubt that Sky Garden will remain on my musts for 2016.
This visit I booked a slot at the Sky Pod bar which allowed me to arrive just after 7 to an empty Sky Garden, which was lovely and allowed for some quiet contemplation watching London wake-up. With it still being dark as I arrived it also allowed me to capture The Shard's festive light show in all its, white, green & red splendour.  

Sky Garden bar offers a range of breakfast pastries, juices, coffee and porridge for the early morning treats and I opted for porridge with berries and coffee whilst watching the sunrise. Both were delicious and as dawn broke and the sun began to rise it really was the most perfect way to start a work morning.
With a visit between Christmas and New Year, the garden was still festively decorated and I loved the pink decorative accessories; especially the optional hot water bottles and the splash of colour bought the space to life adding a cosiness to the seating areas.

For anyone visiting London I couldn't recommend this space more, especially as there is no charge to enter, something which takes the sky Garden head and shoulders above its competitors, but also allowing you to eat & drink in spaces bathed by glorious views. For further detail on how to book a slot visit Sky Garden.

More of my breakfast adventures can be found here.

2 comments:

Gem said...

I'm still yet to make a visit to The Sky Gardens but shall be adding it to my list of places to visit this year. Such great photos captured before the rush descends, I bet it was quite an experience at that time of the morning. Thank you for sharing it with us x x x

Pennyblossoms said...

It looks stunning!
I am hoping that as all is going bonkers at this time of year, (if I remember rightly), with accounts going into overdrive, that you get to have several breakfast stops there during the next couple of weeks!
Zxx