Tuesday, 8 March 2016

Breakfast treat in the Forest..

Sharing a recent breakfast treat in a forest on a roof in central London.... I am of course referring to Forest Restaurant on the Roof, sitting on the roof of Selfridges 400 Oxford Street. Forest is one of Des McDonalds ventures and features a menu inspired by British spring forests, including Suffolk lamb & rosemary stew, Baked Cornish brie and Chocolate forest & Honey cheesecake.
I have visited the restaurant pop-up previously when its been a Cornish seaside escape, an apres shopping winter Chalet and Forest follows a similar theme. Accessible by an express lift in the fragrance hall you are greeted by a little winter wonderland entrance leading onto the roof.

I had the first slot on a Saturday morning so got to enjoy un interrupted views of the rooftop.
I love the styling, especially the blanket throws on the backs of the chairs, perfect for laps or shoulders if its too chilly for you.

For breakfast I opted for Crumpet Benedict ... (eggs benedict on a home made crumpet) a small treat to celebrate loosing some weight, with coffee and a gorgeous pink grapefruit juice.
All were delicious and a perfect treat for a Saturday at my desk.

Before I headed back to my desk I spent some time on the drinks terrace, complete with warm winter huts. Perfect for an early morning coffee or hot toddies in the afternoon.
Although chilly it was a lovely bright morning and Forest is a lovely space to escape the hustle and bustle of Oxford Street life on a Saturday morning.
Another great little breakfast retreat in the city.

2 comments:

Gem said...

I have got to visit this place, it looks so lovely. I've been admiring peoples images on Instagram for way too long now. Do you know when it is there until?

Great to get some photos of the place before everyone descends upon it, what time did you get there for?
x x x

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

It's ridiculous how often I'm in Selfridges that I keep missing going into the pop up restaurants and sampling what always looks amazing food!

Victoria x

Tuesday, 8 March 2016

Breakfast treat in the Forest..

Sharing a recent breakfast treat in a forest on a roof in central London.... I am of course referring to Forest Restaurant on the Roof, sitting on the roof of Selfridges 400 Oxford Street. Forest is one of Des McDonalds ventures and features a menu inspired by British spring forests, including Suffolk lamb & rosemary stew, Baked Cornish brie and Chocolate forest & Honey cheesecake.
I have visited the restaurant pop-up previously when its been a Cornish seaside escape, an apres shopping winter Chalet and Forest follows a similar theme. Accessible by an express lift in the fragrance hall you are greeted by a little winter wonderland entrance leading onto the roof.

I had the first slot on a Saturday morning so got to enjoy un interrupted views of the rooftop.
I love the styling, especially the blanket throws on the backs of the chairs, perfect for laps or shoulders if its too chilly for you.

For breakfast I opted for Crumpet Benedict ... (eggs benedict on a home made crumpet) a small treat to celebrate loosing some weight, with coffee and a gorgeous pink grapefruit juice.
All were delicious and a perfect treat for a Saturday at my desk.

Before I headed back to my desk I spent some time on the drinks terrace, complete with warm winter huts. Perfect for an early morning coffee or hot toddies in the afternoon.
Although chilly it was a lovely bright morning and Forest is a lovely space to escape the hustle and bustle of Oxford Street life on a Saturday morning.
Another great little breakfast retreat in the city.

2 comments:

Gem said...

I have got to visit this place, it looks so lovely. I've been admiring peoples images on Instagram for way too long now. Do you know when it is there until?

Great to get some photos of the place before everyone descends upon it, what time did you get there for?
x x x

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

It's ridiculous how often I'm in Selfridges that I keep missing going into the pop up restaurants and sampling what always looks amazing food!

Victoria x