Monday, 16 May 2016

an evening at Koffmans....

Not sure where May is whizzing to but I'm still playing catch-up with blog posts from April!... at the end of April my friend and I spent a gorgeous evening being dined in a beautiful restaurant with a menu by one of my hero chefs; the fabulous Pierre Koffman.
As we had an evening planned at the Royal Albert Hall, I had booked the pre-theatre menu which allowed us to dine early. Koffman's is situated at The Berkeley in Knightsbridge and is quite beautiful.
As an avid fan of The Berkeley's instagram account, we entered the restaurant via the hotel so that I could peak at the stunning floral displays dotted throughout the hotel. The week that we visited the hotel and restaurant where filled with glorious pink blooms of roses, peonies and lisianthus complimented with candles and storm lanterns.
The stunning floral displays continued into the restaurant and complimented the beautiful décor.

With a Prix Fixe menu to choose from I opted for Blue Cheese Flan with walnuts for Hors-D'oeuvres, Pan Fried Skate wing with capers for Plats Principaux and Lemon tart with Lemon Sorbet for Dessert all accompanied by a glass of champagne. Everything was delicious, beautifully presented and the service amazing. Koffman's was a first for both my friend and I and we both said that we would definitely return again as we had enjoyed it so much.
I have visited the Berkeley for afternoon tea a couple of times and will now ass Koffman's to my list of London musts!... thank you to all for such fabulous, food, service and ambience. 

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Looks fabulous, and those flowers are just beautiful! x

Monday, 16 May 2016

an evening at Koffmans....

Not sure where May is whizzing to but I'm still playing catch-up with blog posts from April!... at the end of April my friend and I spent a gorgeous evening being dined in a beautiful restaurant with a menu by one of my hero chefs; the fabulous Pierre Koffman.
As we had an evening planned at the Royal Albert Hall, I had booked the pre-theatre menu which allowed us to dine early. Koffman's is situated at The Berkeley in Knightsbridge and is quite beautiful.
As an avid fan of The Berkeley's instagram account, we entered the restaurant via the hotel so that I could peak at the stunning floral displays dotted throughout the hotel. The week that we visited the hotel and restaurant where filled with glorious pink blooms of roses, peonies and lisianthus complimented with candles and storm lanterns.
The stunning floral displays continued into the restaurant and complimented the beautiful décor.

With a Prix Fixe menu to choose from I opted for Blue Cheese Flan with walnuts for Hors-D'oeuvres, Pan Fried Skate wing with capers for Plats Principaux and Lemon tart with Lemon Sorbet for Dessert all accompanied by a glass of champagne. Everything was delicious, beautifully presented and the service amazing. Koffman's was a first for both my friend and I and we both said that we would definitely return again as we had enjoyed it so much.
I have visited the Berkeley for afternoon tea a couple of times and will now ass Koffman's to my list of London musts!... thank you to all for such fabulous, food, service and ambience. 

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Looks fabulous, and those flowers are just beautiful! x