Sunday, 5 June 2016

Movie moment with Me before You

I have shared previously my love of Jo Jo Moyes book Me before You, and was thrilled when the
news broke that it had been picked up for a movie.  The book left a huge impact on me even though I sobbed at the ending I loved the book.
With the release of the trailer, the tears fell again and applauded the casting of Sam Claflin as the quadriplegic Will Trayner and Emilia Clarke as the ditzy loveable Louise Clark.


Friday the movie was  released and I booked a ticket to see it at my local Everyman cinema after work - (fully booked for a 6.20pm showing) armed with a box of tissues I settled down for 2 hours of tears and laughter. Jo Jo Moyes has written the screen play and what a fabulous job she has done. There are some parts that have been cut (as with all book to screen adaptations) but the casting is fabulous and they absolutely capture the characters. 
Those not familiar with the book; Lou Clark finds herself being
employed as a carer /companion to Will. Will is a gorgeous live life to the full kind guy who after a tragic accident is bound to a wheel chair dependant on all to just manage the basics of living. He has promised his parents 6 months and they employ Lou as his companion. What evolves is a magical heartbreaking journey of discovery and one of the most romantic love stories bought to the screen.
I thoroughly enjoyed the film and cried at several key moments during the film as did the majority of the audience. The subject matter is controversial, but has been shown in a beautiful way and the film has had as profound affect on me as did the book. Huge applause to JoJo Moyes and the cast and crew.
It really is quite beautiful and I will see it again. For now I am reading book 2 and finding out what happened next.
This book / film will question your beliefs, it will make you treasure those that you love and it will make you #liveboldly. Don't put off til tomorrow what you can do today.... 

1 comment:

Ms Leanne Fraser said...

I loved the book and the movie (want to see it again!) also read the sequel last month but not sure how I feel about it. Enjoyed it but feel it was unnecessary. Interested to hear your thoughts xx

Sunday, 5 June 2016

Movie moment with Me before You

I have shared previously my love of Jo Jo Moyes book Me before You, and was thrilled when the
news broke that it had been picked up for a movie.  The book left a huge impact on me even though I sobbed at the ending I loved the book.
With the release of the trailer, the tears fell again and applauded the casting of Sam Claflin as the quadriplegic Will Trayner and Emilia Clarke as the ditzy loveable Louise Clark.


Friday the movie was  released and I booked a ticket to see it at my local Everyman cinema after work - (fully booked for a 6.20pm showing) armed with a box of tissues I settled down for 2 hours of tears and laughter. Jo Jo Moyes has written the screen play and what a fabulous job she has done. There are some parts that have been cut (as with all book to screen adaptations) but the casting is fabulous and they absolutely capture the characters. 
Those not familiar with the book; Lou Clark finds herself being
employed as a carer /companion to Will. Will is a gorgeous live life to the full kind guy who after a tragic accident is bound to a wheel chair dependant on all to just manage the basics of living. He has promised his parents 6 months and they employ Lou as his companion. What evolves is a magical heartbreaking journey of discovery and one of the most romantic love stories bought to the screen.
I thoroughly enjoyed the film and cried at several key moments during the film as did the majority of the audience. The subject matter is controversial, but has been shown in a beautiful way and the film has had as profound affect on me as did the book. Huge applause to JoJo Moyes and the cast and crew.
It really is quite beautiful and I will see it again. For now I am reading book 2 and finding out what happened next.
This book / film will question your beliefs, it will make you treasure those that you love and it will make you #liveboldly. Don't put off til tomorrow what you can do today.... 

1 comment:

Ms Leanne Fraser said...

I loved the book and the movie (want to see it again!) also read the sequel last month but not sure how I feel about it. Enjoyed it but feel it was unnecessary. Interested to hear your thoughts xx