Thursday, 27 October 2016

something borrowed, something blue....

Catching up on blog posts and today I am sharing a few pictures from my goddaughters wedding in early October.
Along with being a guest of the wedding I was also asked to make the wedding cake. My goddaughter K had a baby in May and even though they had always planned on an October wedding, they scaled back the celebrations and had a small family wedding, with lots of the decorations and gifts part of the wedding celebrations and contribution to a small holiday.
The day was lovely but I think it was the only day in October where it rained most of the day, it didn't damper the spirits of the bride and groom, who had a lovely day.
This was the first time that I had seen some of my family for sometime, and a chance for me to buy a new outfit. Ditching the usual black I went all out in a gorgeous pink dress from DVF, navy jacket from Jasper Conran, blue clutch from Victoria Beckham, pink heels and a cute fascinator.
The cake's design revolved around a 'bird cage' theme as these were what were being used on the tables as floral pieces.
With a pale blue colour scheme I made sugar roses to decorate with along with leaves and a few feathers and blossom.
The wedding was a civil service followed by a blessing from a curate. Followed by a fantastic sit down wedding breakfast of sausage and mash and profiteroles.
The brides uncle took over the entertainment for the evening which was a fun filled family fuelled party, complete with cake cutting, a game of Mr & Mrs and lots and lots of dancing to some great wedding party tunes.
I danced my little feet off and managed to keep my heels on all night, however did loose the fascinator. Lots of love and fun had my all and the baby was the perfect little guest, she boogied and had lots of cuddles with all of us.

2 comments:

Iola Moore said...

Teresa you are so talented. Your cake looks amazing. Beautiful outfit you chose you look amazing yourself. Looks like you had a good time

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Just catching up on my blog reading and look at you looking all fabulous!

Slimming World is working wonders. My mum gets very excited when you comment on her instagram posts! LOL!

Victoria x
FlorenceandMary.com

Thursday, 27 October 2016

something borrowed, something blue....

Catching up on blog posts and today I am sharing a few pictures from my goddaughters wedding in early October.
Along with being a guest of the wedding I was also asked to make the wedding cake. My goddaughter K had a baby in May and even though they had always planned on an October wedding, they scaled back the celebrations and had a small family wedding, with lots of the decorations and gifts part of the wedding celebrations and contribution to a small holiday.
The day was lovely but I think it was the only day in October where it rained most of the day, it didn't damper the spirits of the bride and groom, who had a lovely day.
This was the first time that I had seen some of my family for sometime, and a chance for me to buy a new outfit. Ditching the usual black I went all out in a gorgeous pink dress from DVF, navy jacket from Jasper Conran, blue clutch from Victoria Beckham, pink heels and a cute fascinator.
The cake's design revolved around a 'bird cage' theme as these were what were being used on the tables as floral pieces.
With a pale blue colour scheme I made sugar roses to decorate with along with leaves and a few feathers and blossom.
The wedding was a civil service followed by a blessing from a curate. Followed by a fantastic sit down wedding breakfast of sausage and mash and profiteroles.
The brides uncle took over the entertainment for the evening which was a fun filled family fuelled party, complete with cake cutting, a game of Mr & Mrs and lots and lots of dancing to some great wedding party tunes.
I danced my little feet off and managed to keep my heels on all night, however did loose the fascinator. Lots of love and fun had my all and the baby was the perfect little guest, she boogied and had lots of cuddles with all of us.

2 comments:

Iola Moore said...

Teresa you are so talented. Your cake looks amazing. Beautiful outfit you chose you look amazing yourself. Looks like you had a good time

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Just catching up on my blog reading and look at you looking all fabulous!

Slimming World is working wonders. My mum gets very excited when you comment on her instagram posts! LOL!

Victoria x
FlorenceandMary.com