Wednesday, 21 September 2016

Welcome Back Bridget.....

There haven’t been films this year that have had me wanting to rush to the cinema, (the last one being Me before You) but there has been one that has been on my MUST see list since the trailer aired and the location images started to appear on social media late last year. I am of course referring to Bridget Jones Baby.


Bridget is up there in my top favourite films for so many reasons. I have followed Bridget’s adventures since she first appeared as column inches in the Independent, which led to the book and then onto the movie. I too like Bridget have despaired over the size of my thighs, smoked too many cigarettes, drunk far too many units of alcohol and invariably fallen for the  very wrong type of man! (on several occasions) and acknowledges that I will always be ‘a little bit fat’.
My mum too tried to set me up with every ‘nice ‘ guy she knew during my twenties to no avail. I stumbled headlong into my 30’s in a drunken partying haze still falling for every wrong guy possible until they all but gave up with me and acknowledged that I would be the ‘forever’ singleton that could at times be the ditsiest klutz possible who loved her friends and was married to her career.  
I shared my love of Bridget with my Nan, and she too adored the movie and affectionately called me Bridget on occasions that deemed necessary, we went to the cinema together to see the first movie and I have really fond memories of the fun that we had with it afterwards.

Friday saw the release of the 3rd instalment of Bridget’s life, and I can honestly say it’s the funniest Bridget ever. I laughed from the open through to the final credits, at one point thinking I was going to slide off the chair. Casting is just fabulous and its lovely to see so many old favourites back along with a couple of newbies. Patrick Dempsey who plays the very delicious Jack is just gorgeous and of course a welcome return to the ever lovely Mark Fitzwilliam Darcy (Colin Firth).

This movie has had lots of press, social media coverage and hype and it absolutely lives up to all of it and I’m thrilled that the surprises that are within the movie haven’t leaked all over the networks. The press junket has had me salivating over the fabulous styling of Renee Z along with the gorgeousness of Patrick & Colin.

Bridget may be 43 a little thinner but she hasn’t lost her fun, ditziness and vulnerability that we all fell in love with 14 years ago…. Welcome back Bridget, we’ve missed you x

No comments:

Wednesday, 21 September 2016

Welcome Back Bridget.....

There haven’t been films this year that have had me wanting to rush to the cinema, (the last one being Me before You) but there has been one that has been on my MUST see list since the trailer aired and the location images started to appear on social media late last year. I am of course referring to Bridget Jones Baby.


Bridget is up there in my top favourite films for so many reasons. I have followed Bridget’s adventures since she first appeared as column inches in the Independent, which led to the book and then onto the movie. I too like Bridget have despaired over the size of my thighs, smoked too many cigarettes, drunk far too many units of alcohol and invariably fallen for the  very wrong type of man! (on several occasions) and acknowledges that I will always be ‘a little bit fat’.
My mum too tried to set me up with every ‘nice ‘ guy she knew during my twenties to no avail. I stumbled headlong into my 30’s in a drunken partying haze still falling for every wrong guy possible until they all but gave up with me and acknowledged that I would be the ‘forever’ singleton that could at times be the ditsiest klutz possible who loved her friends and was married to her career.  
I shared my love of Bridget with my Nan, and she too adored the movie and affectionately called me Bridget on occasions that deemed necessary, we went to the cinema together to see the first movie and I have really fond memories of the fun that we had with it afterwards.

Friday saw the release of the 3rd instalment of Bridget’s life, and I can honestly say it’s the funniest Bridget ever. I laughed from the open through to the final credits, at one point thinking I was going to slide off the chair. Casting is just fabulous and its lovely to see so many old favourites back along with a couple of newbies. Patrick Dempsey who plays the very delicious Jack is just gorgeous and of course a welcome return to the ever lovely Mark Fitzwilliam Darcy (Colin Firth).

This movie has had lots of press, social media coverage and hype and it absolutely lives up to all of it and I’m thrilled that the surprises that are within the movie haven’t leaked all over the networks. The press junket has had me salivating over the fabulous styling of Renee Z along with the gorgeousness of Patrick & Colin.

Bridget may be 43 a little thinner but she hasn’t lost her fun, ditziness and vulnerability that we all fell in love with 14 years ago…. Welcome back Bridget, we’ve missed you x

No comments: